Let It Grow Organic Gardens

And I resumed the struggle. -Vladimir

Saturday, July 21, 2007

The CSA

is turning out to be loads of fun. We're managing to fill people's share every week, provide folks with the diversity we strive for, and are getting all sorts of fun feedback. People have called out of the blue, leaving messages like: Thanks for the pepper! People send little notes thanking us for the food. Oh, it's all a bit heartwarming.
We were a bit apprehensive at first. Could we provide shares every week that we were proud of? Would we shortchange our farmer's markets in order to provide for the CSA? Since we pretty much sell out at market's every week, what's the point in a CSA anyway? And we're gonna have to buy boxes!
But all has worked out ideally. We've managed to grow enough for everybody, keep the boxes diverse, keep the appearance good, and still fill up the tables for markets.
And Julie turns out to be an impressive newsletter writer.
So, the CSA thing, it turns out that it's not just a bunch of yuppie claptrap like I originally thought. I can admit I was wrong. It's a valuable service, both for the consuming public and for the farmer. It's a way to bond communities. It's a way to share. It's a way for neighbors to feed neighbors. And we always manage to have enough boxes.

1 Comments:

  • At August 04, 2007 8:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm sick of my job. Can I come work for you? Got a corner in a greenhouse or a hayloft where I can sleep?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Powered by Blogger