Let It Grow Organic Gardens

And I resumed the struggle. -Vladimir

Monday, June 06, 2005

Help

Never did write anything about the interns, did I?
Okay, what do I say without getting really self-conscious because one of them could possibly read this sometime.
(Actually, only one of them can read.)
I guess I blew it already and should shut up before I go any further.
But, dammit, something must be written about them and the time is now.
There are two impressionable young men on the farm and I've taken them under my wing so as to teach them the ancient art of organic market gardening.
That's about it. They've learned to weed.

On another note, we ripped the wall out of the bathroom of the intern house yesterday. No: Walls. It's now a portico.
Then we mowed the lawn.
And scrubbed the aluminum siding.
It's pretty cool: I tell them to do something and they do it. It's like being in the army, only I don't have to worry that one of them is going to get shot or blown up.
The atmosphere around here is a bit different. I've had to establish something of a schedule just to keep everyone on the same page, and I have to act like I know what I'm doing. It's nice to have some company while I work - I usually do this solo. And, generally, thoroughly enjoy it. But one of the sings Bob Marley songs in the fields all day and they other likes to look at bugs. It has been, overall, pretty entertaining.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Powered by Blogger