Let It Grow Organic Gardens

And I resumed the struggle. -Vladimir

Friday, March 06, 2009

Fun With Wildlife

I had wondered why the birds have been so voracious lately, and then I happened to glance out the window late one night to see a deer, tapping at the bird feeder with its nose and knocking the seeds down onto the ground. It's the latest in a long string of events that prompt me to say: Now it's gone too far.
The surround the farm at ten feet fence is finished, but for the gates and a small stretch between the greenhouses. Oh, and a small gap in the upper field, where I brought the fence over a small dip but didn't hug the ground as close as I should have. I ran the bottom wire twelve inches above the ground, and they crawl under. I have a feeling the learning curve is just beginning.
Next, I'll start to deal with the crows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Powered by Blogger