Let It Grow Organic Gardens

And I resumed the struggle. -Vladimir

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Why Bother Posting?

This is a non-post.
Anti-post?

I'm not even going to bother trying.
I was thinking about continuing with some of the thoughts I started in my last post.
Or, I was going to recap some interesting things I learned today about Wilma Dykeman and our local watershed. I was going to brag about my tomato plants. (Send as much rain as you want, you Heartless Fucker in the Sky! You're not getting them this year!)
I was thinking about posting about various vehicle mishaps.
But no.
I'm not even going to try.
Back from a meeting in A'ville, I had a fun phone talk with my friend A* as I sliced squash to fry. When everything was good and fatty and artery clogging, I served it up as the phone rang again - my friend I*. We chatted as I ate - then I excused myself for dessert.
You're starting to understand my lethargy: I'm stuffed with breadcrumbs and egg (and a little squash) and I'm tired from fun conversation with old friends. I've a glass of wine in one hand, the rest of a blueberry pie A* made for me in the other, Neil Diamond on the radio (okay, not really. It's a CD by The Band with guest appearances by everyone on the world, including Neil Diamond, but it sounds so much better to say Neil Diamond's on the radio,) a cat on the sofa next to me, and Steinbeck's Pastures of Heaven in my lap.
I can't bring myself to come up with a decent post, but the thought of a non-post is too much to resist.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Powered by Blogger