Let It Grow Organic Gardens

And I resumed the struggle. -Vladimir

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Bookish Meme

Okay, I'm game.

RoseMoon at Moonmeadow Farm tagged me for this meme.

The Rules:
Take the top name/link off the list below. Add your blog (with an embedded link) to the bottom of the list and paste the blognames/links into your post.

1. Third World County
2. BTW
3. It's Raining Again
4. Moonmeadow Farm
5. Let It Grow Organic Gardens
.
Number of Books Owned:
There's 77 books on the shelf to my left. I have eight such shelves. That's, um, 616 books. Plus two or three cardboard boxes full in the closet. And a few more in the schoolbus.

Last Book Read:
Fussell, Paul The Great War and Modern Memory (Oxford, Oxford University Press, 1975)
Loaned by my friend A*. An analysis of the poetry that came out of the First World War.

Last Book Bought:
Cranshaw, Whitney Garden Insects of North America (Princeton, Princeton University Press, 2004)
I just read the interviews. I never look at the centerfolds, honest.

New To This Meme Thing, I Am Brazen Enough To Start A New Catagory:
Last Book Checked Out of A Library:
Cather, Willa O Pioneers (New York, Alfred A Knopf, 1913)
Because life ceases to be fun without a little agricultural literature thrown in from time to time.

Five Books That Mean A Lot To Me:
Wolfe, Thomas Look Homeward Angel (New York, Harper & Row, 1934)
The first "grown-up" book I ever picked up and read of my own volition. I plowed through the whole thing in a week-end. And became an avid reader and have been one since.

White, E.B. The Second Tree From The Corner (New York, Harper & Row, 1954)
It's so simple, but it's so profound. It's so profound, but, it's so simple.

Nanananda, Bhikku Concept and Reality (Kandy, Buddhist Publication Society, 1971)
The farm is named after themes from Buddhist scripture explored in this book. (No, it's not named after the Grateful Dead song.)

Wolfe, Tom The Kandy-Kolored Tangerine Flake Streamlined Baby (Farrar, Straus & Giroux, New York, 1965)
You mean you can analyze modern society and make it fun to read? Thanks Mrs. J*. I don't know how you got away with teaching this to tenth graders, but, thanks.

Kerouac, Jack On the Road (New York, Alfred A Knopf, 1957)
Need I say more?

New Victim:
Spiral at Blue Tape

(List as many victims as you dare.)

1 Comments:

  • At July 01, 2005 12:26 PM, Blogger Casey said…

    I took your challenge--yeah, thanks! Too bad I can't figure out someone else to tag; any suggestions?

    I was wondering if you would be willing to contribute to my thoughts/collection of stories about tangentialism. Read some of my recent entries and tell me what you think. I'd love to have a guest contributor . . . . it could be a weekly or monthly column!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Powered by Blogger