Let It Grow Organic Gardens

And I resumed the struggle. -Vladimir

Monday, January 10, 2005

Three Bricks Shy ...

No, we haven't moved the greenhouse yet. But we have moved two dump truck and two trailer loads full of various greenhouse oriented paraphenalia. Flats and cell-packs and misters and hanging baskets and shelving and tables and little fountain pumps and little porcelain planters shaped like baby booties and fluorescent lights and more flats and more cell-packs ....
You get the idea. We have only six or seven more dump truck loads, then we'll get to the actual greenhouse.
The weather has been positively spring-like (there have been apple blossom sightings) but that is bound to change. Winter should come back soon and the creek we need to cross will become a raging torrent. Getting across in the dump truck then becomes a lot more interesting. I've thought about using the greenhouse pieces to fabricate some kind of bridge, but that sort of defeats the purpose. Still, we'd be able to get across.

On a completely different note, I'm beginning to get emails from prospective interns. Some of them are, well, not form letters, they're formal letters. That doesn't cut it around here. Still, it's a game of sorts. They try to make themselves sound good. I try to make myself sound good. I try to be as straight forward as I can about the farm, but I know I must sugar coat things a bit. They're probably in the same space. One person wrote asking for an application. I said I don't exactly have an application, just write whatever you think of and send it to me. She wrote that she's really interested in organic farming but that she's really afraid of bugs. But she didn't think it would be a problem. Doesn't sound like a problem to me.

1 Comments:

  • At January 13, 2005 9:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Frank! If you get any idealistic, energetic young interns who wistfully mention their lifelong fantasy of milking goats (after reading Heidi when they were ten) please remember to send them our way!

    Oh---got your message last night---too late to respond. Come on over anytime! Oh, wait--we may be in town working tonight---I'll call you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Powered by Blogger