Let It Grow Organic Gardens

And I resumed the struggle. -Vladimir

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Snow

   The hatches were battened.
   The original forecast was for upper teens. We had the greenhouse sealed up, holes duct taped and doors shut tight. The heaters were primed, and I was ready to check on everything through the night.
   It was the winds that worried me most. High gusts were predicted. Gusts high enough to blow a door open. High enough to sneak under the drop down sides and blow the heaters out.
   The gusts died down even before I went to sleep, and as I write the thermometer shows a balmy 36. A case of the weather being better than the forecast. The sleet/wintry mix that was predicted even turned into a gentle layer of snow that fell without a sound.
   I see this as a symbol of the coming year. I see the coming year being better than anything expected or forecast. The winds that were to come and wreak havoc on everything that I planned will turn into a soft white blanket covered the farm, making all look new and clean.
    

2 Comments:

  • At May 21, 2015 8:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Are you still farming in NC? This is Tonya...the AT hiker...from 1998...Tonya and Adam. :) The yurt! tjnieves@hotmail.com. How are you? Do you still have the bus?

     
  • At June 11, 2015 4:16 PM, Blogger Frank said…

    Trie to email you!!?? Try me: teneralli@yahoo.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Powered by Blogger