Let It Grow Organic Gardens

And I resumed the struggle. -Vladimir

Thursday, August 11, 2005

August 11

You might think a plant named Ambrosia artemisiaefolia would be quite a plant, but it's only the common ragweed, otherwise called tansy, hogweed, bitterweed, hayseed, and stammerwort. Nobody loves the common ragweed because it is responsible for many case of hay fever, and hay fever is not much fun. In the effort to do a little good by helping hay-fever victims, I have destroyed a great deal of ragweed around my summer shack. Or rather, the man who told me it was ragweed had evidently never seen any ragweed. Now I may never know what it was I destroyed, and I suppose it's too late too worry. Well, I was only trying to do good! And it might have been ragweed, mightn't it?

How To Get From January to December
Will Cuppy
Holt, Rinehart & Winston, 1951

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Powered by Blogger