Let It Grow Organic Gardens

And I resumed the struggle. -Vladimir

Sunday, October 24, 2004

Our Lady of the Cell Tower

My Tupperware collection is growing, in no small thanks to Jesus.
After market yesterday, I went down to the BIG farmer's market with A* to help buy a truckload of pumpkins. A*'s having an ex-pig-pickin'-become chili-cookoff/Halloween party next week, and she wanted to buy a truckload of pumpkins for people to carve. From there we went to the Jupiter Thrift Store, just off the Jupiter Exit of I-26. I'd never been there, and I asked A* for directions.
"You know where it is," she said. "The old Jupiter school? Where they have the cell tower shaped like a cross?"
I knew the cross. You can see it from Johnson City. It turns out the prime spot for the cell tower was on church property, and the faithful told the cell tower company they could only build it if it was in the shape of a cross. With giant spotlights at the bottom.
I therefore found the place with no difficulty, and A* and I shopped for Halloween costume components. And in the process I managed to find three (!) pieces of Tupperware, all in prime condition. They cleaned up pretty well, and I've got them in the display case next to the Tupperware I got for Christmas.
From there it was back to A*s place, where we unloaded to pumpkins and I inspected the grill. The what was left of the hurricane way back when dumped a ton of sand and river stone in A*s garden, and she and her boyfriend built a chili grill.
I'll be there next Saturday. and I'll be there with a pot of my secret recipe chili. It's the end of the season, and A*s pig-pigskin'/chili cookoff has been the traditional end of season ritual for as long as I've been around here. Jesus will be there, too, high up on the hill, talking to whoever will listen.

2 Comments:

  • At October 26, 2004 12:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I would love to be your blog heckler. If you're interested, mention golden beats in your next post. By the way, your color choice sucks.

     
  • At October 26, 2004 9:57 PM, Blogger Casey said…

    Oh, yes, and Frank . . . Might your tupperware help in the transportation of genuine plants. You posted a comment; you owe me a plant :.) Happy All Hallow's Day, if I don't get to talk to you. Casey

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Powered by Blogger