Let It Grow Organic Gardens

And I resumed the struggle. -Vladimir

Thursday, October 21, 2004

Virtual Midwifery

I'm feeling much better, now, after a difficult and confusing delivery.
But I am pleased to announce the arrival of my bouncing baby blog, delivered just a few days ago in the living room of my beloved mid-wife, RM.
I went into labor, as fate would have it, on my nephew's birthday, and was hoping for an easy delivery despite having spent the morning watching two year olds attempting homicide on each other.
But I did it! And, believe it or not, I did it naturally! No drugs involved at all, though my thoughts seemed to drift in that general direction on those occasions when I had to pick out a color.
And while I can't make the same claim at this present time to describe my overall mental condition, I am happy to now be making my first official post. The blog is cantankerous and whiney sometimes, but mostly it just sleeps. Some say it has my eyes.
This first foray into cyberspace (if not the 21st Century) was, as said, nobly delivered by RM, who not only coaxed me through a mind-bending transition but fed me chili and dandelion wine afterwards. I can't thank you enough, for blog dulaing and a million other things ....
It might be a funny looking little blog with all the odds against it, but it came into the world with wonderful, wonderful neighbors.


5 Comments:

  • At October 23, 2004 2:44 PM, Blogger amy said…

    welcome to the blog world! nice color selection, BTW...very calming.

     
  • At October 24, 2004 2:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm glad to see you're nursing your little blog along. And thanks for letting me help---that was fun!

     
  • At October 25, 2004 5:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Frank!
    I read your posts on RM's blog. I agree you have too much to say to not have your own place! I'll keep checking in to read :-) .
    T

     
  • At October 25, 2004 5:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Frank!
    I read your posts on RM's blog. I agree you have too much to say to not have your own place! I'll keep checking in to read :-) .
    T

     
  • At October 26, 2004 9:53 PM, Blogger Casey said…

    Dearest Frank,

    Did you know that we both birthed children the same weekend? I believe I, too, delivered my baby on your nephew's birthday. Coincidence? I think not . . .

    How should we celebrate?

    As always - Casey

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Powered by Blogger